email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Ione anti-invecchiamento

I primi studi compiuti su modelli dal Prof. Skualchev(Università Lomonosov di Mosca) animali sembrano promettenti; eccovi uno stralcio:

A human being is programmed to ageing and death. The ageing and death program is hidden in a mitochondrion (plural mitochondria), a small organelle, variants of which are found in most cells of the human body. Mitochondria are microscopic creatures that work hard round the clock. Mitochondria are often described as 'cellular power plants' because they daily convert 400 liters of oxygen into energy via the process of oxidative phosphorylation. Not unlike any other production facility, mitochondria also produce some waste materials in the process. About half a liter of superoxide radicals, an extremely toxic substance, is generated as a by-product of oxidative phosphorylation. The toxic superoxide radicals can irrevocably damage mitochondrial DNA and mitochondrial membranes. The presence of antioxidants (chemicals that prevent the oxidization of other chemicals) in the system can help reduce the damage done by free radicals to body's own cells. However, many antioxidants including vitamin C and vitamin E cannot accomplish their mission because they get damaged themselves while protecting molecules against the impact of free radicals. Besides, antioxidants cannot get into mitochondria for a number of reasons.

A group of Russian scientists led by Academician Vladimir Skulachev created a powerful antioxidant, dubbed the Skulachev ion, which is thought to be capable of entering the mitochondria and stays there preventing damage to DNA. Perhaps the invention is an 'anti-age' drug that may help combat age-related diseases and prolong a human life span.

The experiments on lab animals involving the use of an antioxidant based on the Skulachev ion (SkO) have been successfully completed. The experiments indicate that the antioxidant can prevent 12 age-related diseases. However, scientists are now certain only about the benefits of the antioxidant shown during the Age-Related Eye Disease Study conducted on animals. The study demonstrated excellent results with regard to the treatment of cataract and retina dystrophy. A 20-year-old horse regained sight after being blind for eight years. Nine out of thirteen sightless dogs regained sight; three out of four blind cats and six rabbits out of six blind rabbits could see the light again. The drug was administered as eye drops. The experiments on 600 lab mice showed that the drug proved effective in combating and preventing age-related eye diseases.

Eighteen research centers and organizations in Russia take part in the research. Clinical trials of the drug should take part in some Moscow hospitals in the near future. The trials will be conducted not only in ophthalmologic clinics but in hospitals for cardiovascular and cancer patients. Scientists believe that SkO-based drugs can be also used effectively for treating various age-related diseases.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the effect of the drug on humans proved to be less effective than those shown in the experiments on animals. The human body is somewhat different,” says Academician Skulachev. He sounds extremely cautious. “Let’s wait for the results of clinical trials. Right now I can tell you that the substance is non-carcinogenic and doesn’t trigger any side effects in the system. It’s quite an important quality as far as I’m concerned,” adds he.

“I assume you’ve got lots of volunteers who are ready and willing to get a shot of you ion?”

“That’s correct. I receive tons of letters every day. But I’m a law-abiding citizen.”

“Are you ready to test the drug on you own body?”

“I’d never hesitate in doing so,” says Skylachev with a smile.

“Mr. Skulachev, let’s imagine that your project is a success. An anti-age drug is in place. Who’s going to use it? Will it be affordable only for a handful of super-rich tycoons, the oligarchs? There must be a reason why one of those oligarchs is financing your project.”

“I’m confident that the drug will be affordable to many people. Indeed, the substance is quite complex but it doesn’t require multistage synthesis. It won’t be in short supply. Speaking of oligarchs, I don’t think Oleg Deripaska is a typical example of the group. He graduated from the Moscow State University ; he is a member of the university’s council of trustees. Deripaska invests in many research projects. You know, the oligarchs differ. One of them is more interested in buying Chelsea football club while another one is keen to put his money into scientific progress. Some skeptics in Deripaska’s team initially referred to our project as “The Dead Rat.”

“But Deripaska is a businessman in the first place, so profit is his top priority, isn’t it?

Right you are, he hopes to gain profits if we're lucky to get things done. We might as well fail to score. I put it like that while speaking to him the other day: 'Maybe we'll fail to produce an anti-age drug that works wonders but we're surely get a remedy for removing hangnails'.'

Attendiamo sperimentazioni più ampie ed approfondite....

Lorenzo
    Miles Insulae

Neutrino NO-TUNNEL
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserzioni Blog

Predefinito

molto interessante

email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da thematrix Visualizza Messaggio
    molto interessante
    Non ti so dire, realisticamente, quali siano le potenzialità del progetto nel prossimo futuro.

Comunque sto Forum è proprio morto, ma chi è il moderatore!!!

Lorenzo
    Miles Insulae

Neutrino NO-TUNNEL
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserzioni Blog

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Lorenzo Visualizza Messaggio

Comunque sto Forum è proprio morto, ma chi è il moderatore!!!

Lorenzo
    Miles Insulae
    già, vedo che in più di un mese non ha risposto nessuno

Neutrino NO-TUNNEL
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserzioni Blog

Predefinito

io intanto tempo fa avevo postato questo

http://www.politicaonline.net/forum/...d.php?t=187027

Socialcapitalista
    -L'Italia non è un paese povero è un povero paese(C.de Gaulle)
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)

Predefinito

bene, la vita eterna col chip di plastika di dragonball e la makkina senza motore di alessandro74...
    Addio Tomàs
    siamo fatti della stessa materia di cui sono fatti i 5 stelle