Con l'Iraq che si ribella
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Altro che "Svista"...sì...tipo...la vecchina passava di lì per caso a 10 km/h e quel tizio si era steso per strada a prendere il sole...no...questo è Omicidio Plurimo Aggravato!!!
    Skarm
    Alle europee io voto Codacons...e tu?

Forumista assiduo
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Interessante articolo su Groklaw che compara SCO a Novell:

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...61203015212989

The Novell-Microsoft agreement also, as Richard Stallman put it, cunningly tries to sidestep GPLv2. So we have an attack from within. A serious one, because everything SCO and its backers wanted from this litigation, but failed to achieve, Novell just handed to Microsoft on a silver platter by signing that patent agreement. Let me explain why I see it that way.
    But here's the sad part. As victory [over SCO] is in sight, Novell signs a patent agreement with Microsoft that does the following:
    1. Novell agrees to violate the clear intent and spirit of the GPL in an attempt to comply literally with the words but not with the actual known purpose of the license to make money off of code Novell didn't write and doesn't own. So instead of trying to prove the GPL isn't binding, they just kick it to the curb and step over it and dare the community to do something about it?
    2. puts a FUD legal cloud over Linux (this time a patent cloud) or in any case an "IP" cloud, as per Steve Ballmer's vague wording -- and was Darl McBride's less vague?;
    3. makes Novell's Linux cost more, because it has agreed to pay Microsoft royalties, whereas SCO asked for money for its license;
    What is the cotton pickin' difference? Other than being worse? Novell, I'd like you to answer that question. From Microsoft's point of view, I see no difference. What SCO could not win, Novell has handed Microsoft without a fight. The community didn't fight this hard and this long for such a result.
    So there you have it, as I see it: two companies claiming to be Linux companies that turned on the GPL and the rest of the community for money, and the beneficiary is Microsoft. What a coincidence.
    Does it matter that one did it maliciously and the other was merely a dope? I don't know for sure which is which or even if either is properly described since I can't read hearts, but my answer to the hypothetical question is: no. The effect is the same. It matters only in that one makes you mad and the second makes you sad and mad. That's why I call it SCO2 Deja Vu, with Novell playing the part of EV1. Only this is far worse than SCO.
    And that is precisely what is wrong with what Novell did in signing that patent agreement, and that may help to explain the deep, deep anger that the community, which has worked night and day to defend and protect Linux and the GPL, now feels. I feel it too. We worked hard, were victorious, and now are denied the reward. And until Novell fixes that agreement or pulls out, it will never be accepted by the FOSS community again, in my view. I certainly think I have enough input to form an educated opinion. So I hope they come to their senses. If not, GPLv3 will deal with it. But if it goes that far, then Novell's reputation will never be made whole. For that, it must act.

Pagina 5 di 5 PrimaPrima ... 45