User Tag List

Risultati da 1 a 5 di 5

Discussione: hitler e i disegni

Vittima del kali yuga
    Il desiderio, è come un fuoco insaziabile. Grazie alla barca della conoscenza certamente varcherai tutto l'oceano del male (b. gità)
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito hitler e i disegni

WATERCOLOURS AND sketches attributed to Adolf Hitler are going on sale on Tuesday, bringing not entirely welcome attention to this small Cornish town. Jefferys Auctioneers in the sleepy community of Lostwithiel normally sells antiques and farm equipment. But the attention connected to the Hitler sale has forced the tiny auction house in southwest England to instal multiple telephone lines to accommodate an anticipated crush of bidders from Canada to New Zealand.
    “It is not something I would want to be associated with personally. Anything to do with Hitler and the Nazis does not sit easily with me,” said Tony Smith, 70, who was out early in the town centre.
    The 21 watercolours and two sketches, most of them landscapes, were found in a farmhouse in Belgium, not far from where Hitler was stationed in Flanders during World War I.
    The anonymous owners had the paper tested to determine its age, confirmed the signature and matched landmarks in the paintings to sites where Hitler was posted, said Chris Walton, a spokesman for Jefferys.
    Terry Betts, 52, said the attention was good for the town, which depends on tourism.
    “I do not have any trouble with the auction at all,” Betts said. “It’s part of history, not good history maybe. But we live with dictators like that now – don’t we? — the Saddam Husseins of the world.” Are the paintings genuine? It is impossible to say. The experts who authenticated them in the 1980s are dead. Still, the works could sell for up to $8,000 each, Walton said. “Some people would consider the sale somewhat controversial, but the pieces were executed so long ago — nearly 100 years ago — that they now just rep resent something of the past,” Walton said. “The paintings are of historical interest rather than artistic merit.” Hitler is thought to have painted hundreds of pieces before becoming Nazi leader. In the past, his paintings have sold for $5,000 to $50,000.
    Dealing with Hitler'’s work and other items related to the Nazi regime has always been a thorny issue.
    In many European countries, including Germany, it is illegal to buy, own or sell Nazi memorabilia. A German auction house in 2001 withdrew a Hitler painting following public protests. The Center of Military History in Washington D.C., has hundreds of Nazi-related pieces — including four Hitler paintings — but they are locked in vaults and not on display.
    “It is in very bad taste,” said Rhonda Barad with the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish advocacy group. “Most auction houses have steered clear of such sales because it offends a lot of people still alive today.” Buyers of Hitler items are usually private collectors of military memorabilia or World War II enthusiasts, art dealers and auction houses say.

lorenzo v.
    Ospite

Predefinito

The 21 pictures sold for a total of £118,000 ($223,000; 176,000 euros) - well over what had been predicted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5383512.stm

lorenzo v.
    Ospite

Predefinito

Protesters have stormed an auction in Cornwall of watercolours believed to have been painted by Adolf Hitler.

Aaron Barschak, a comedian who gatecrashed Prince William's 21st birthday party, and a man dressed as Hitler were ejected from the auction.

They disrupted the bidding, offering "six million because the painting was a Mussolini" in a "comical protest".

During the auction in Lostwithiel, 21 works of art attributed to Hitler sold for a combined total of £118,000.

'Comical protest'

In 2003 Barschak, a self-styled "comedy terrorist", scaled the walls of Windsor Castle and entered the royal party wearing a pink dress, a false beard and a Osama bin Laden-style turban.

On Tuesday he said he was protesting because the sale of paintings by the Nazi dictator was offensive.

The 21 drawings were found in an old suitcase in Belgium

Barschak's wife Tamara, 34, described her husband as "an intellectual Jew".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ll/5382482.stm

lorenzo v.
    Ospite

Predefinito

The paintings - some signed A Hitler, and others AH - feature landscapes, some with buildings.

Hitler, who was rejected by the Academy of Art in Vienna, sold some of his early drawings through a Jewish art dealer.

Mr Morris said the pictures were not particularly good and would probably not be worthy of selling if it was not for the artist.

TORINO E' GRANATA
    BOUGIA NEN autentico, cioè come per l'Esercito Piemontese, io NON ARRETRO MAI !!
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

io quasi quasi me c'è butto......faccio uno schizzo e ve lo spaccio per SUO...